Just built new computer.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceswingz

Solid State Member
Well i just upgraded my computer which I built 4 years ago with a new motherboard, processor, memory, video card, basicly everything except the power supply and the cd rom drive.

I put it together today and the computer screeched like a banshee. It let off this high pitched sound and I think i smelled some burning. It was only on for about 5 seconds. I refuse to turn it back on.

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
^new motherboard

My power supply is an ATX-4OOW/P4. It has a 2x10 ATX which I beleive are in the right spot. (which I used the manual to check).

The motherboard only has 1 IDE slot so I had my cdrom as my main and slaved the harddrive. (I think that may be the problem)

Any suggestions?

I unplugged the HD and the CD-rom form the MB and the power and the noise persists. Its very loud and hard to pin where its coming from but i think its coming from the processor. I unplugged the cpu fan and got the same noise.

I am not sure how far you upgraded but is the slot in the old Processor the same as your new mother board by any chance. You could always try switching to see if that is actually the problem.

Actually I just fiqured out that problem. I didnt connect the power in the back of my video card. (didnt even see it had one) but now the problem is it loads up and detects my systems settings, then shuts off.

Well it appears it turns turns off completly randomly. Hasnt made it past registering my system configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom