JetWay Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Take151

Beta member
Hello, and thank you. I've just recently baught a JetWay motherboard, and this is my first upgrade in a very long time.. But i found that there is no IDE cable connector on the board like 90% done the set-up. . There's a floppy spot, but no IDE cable header... wondering if this has something to do with the stuff on the board I'm not familiar with. So before I return it to newegg, I was wondering if someone could educate me on how to connect my IDE (or buy a new one sense this is only 30gig). Also it says it only has a LAN Connector, where the ethernet should be, so I was also wondering if there was a possible way to connect internet to the board, or what I would have to buy...

A few of the things i'm not used to seeing are, LVDS Header + inverter, STAII Connectors.

Heres the exact Mainboard. (Newegg.ca - JetWay JNC94-510-LF Intel Atom D510 BGA559 Intel NM10 Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU Combo)

Thank you very much for the help.. Hopefully I can figure this out without having to return the motherboard, and or buy more things. I had to upgrade my ram, PS (for gpu) already :dead::dead:

In order to use an IDE drive you will have to use a converter, such as this one, since the board only has a single PCI-E x16 slot:
Newegg.ca - Rosewill RC-204 IDE to SATA Mini Vertical Bridge (for IDE device)

If you are going to go with a new drive then get a SATA since that is what the board has natively. NewEgg.ca has them starting at $39 for a 160 gig, and 250 gig for less than $50.
Newegg.ca - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3160813AS 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

LAN = ethernet. That is your onboard connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom