It's been a while... I need your help again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camden

In Runtime
I used to troll this place quite a bit, but I've fallen out of the hobby and, unfortunately, now seem to know almost nothing about 'modern' computers (probably evident by what i'd imagine is a very outdated setup in my signature - lol). My friend needs help getting a new system; a local builder has offered him the setup below for 500 bucks.

http://i44.tinypic.com/t4v1nm.jpg

Note: The psu is ATX

Sorry if the above sheet is incomplete, or if a lot of it is irrelevant - I hardly understand what most of it even means anymore, so I couldn't filter it appropriately.

Any help is -VERY- much appreciated; thanks in advance =)

The specs look pretty good for 500, except for the GPU which is substandard. Not to mention, the mobo, ram and PSU will all be cheap and crappy. The only actually part that looks decent is the processor, which doesn't matter because the 9500GT will bottleneck it in gaming.
You could almost definitely do better by building.

What is your friend using this computer for?

Oh, and one thing; since it's a text document you don't need a screenshot, you could've just copied+pasted :p

I'll have to read up on some of these threads then to find ideas for parts then; he said there was someone nearby that enjoys putting them together, so I'll try to put together a shopping list of sorts. It would mostly be a gaming system; can't believe I forgot to mention that ^^. Thanks for the prompt response, I'll be sure to let him know that it would probably be in his best interest to pass on the deal.

It's a screenshot he sent me; I was simply too lazy to type it all out myself :p (you'll never catch me playing soilwork - ugh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom