Internal CD Burner Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzkiller06

Solid State Member
I have a few questions about installing a new cd/dvd burner. The official name for the burner is "LG Internal Super Multi DVD/CD Rewriter". The computer I am using is a Dell Optiplex GX620 Desktop. Now I know the different parts that make up the computer but when I opened up the computer (this being the first time that I have ever opened it) I had no idea which part was which. The only one I did figure out was the original cd drive that I already have because it was clearly marked.

Basically what I am looking for is a diagram that can show me the parts inside my computer. A diagram that I have yet to find. So if anyone know possibly of where to find a diagram. If one knows how to install this type of cd/dvd burner into a computer like mine then that would help as well.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you so much. It looks like the drives are all in one bay, and it looks like the hard drive would be at the way bottom. Does that sound accurate? Also, since the drives are all in one bay, does that mean that there is only one IDE connector or are there two?

generally, every motherboard has two IDE channels, each capable of running two drives. so that's a total of four drives you can use in IDE.

basically, all you have to do is plug in the IDE cable, plug in the molex (power) cable, and screw it into the case.

if you only have one IDE cable, look for where it comes out of the mootherboard. there should be a second IDE port (if the motherboard is like 99.9% of othe motherboards)

in this case, you can just get a new IDE cable, plug one end in the motherboard - there will be a plug in the middle of the cable. the plug which goes into your motherboard is the one further away from the middle plug
and then attatch the new CD burner to the other end of the cable.

Windows will automatically detect and install the new drive when you boot up.

Thanks I really appreciate the info. One final question. Well at least for now. How do I install the cd burner. If the drive bay includes all what is says it does (hard drive, cd rom drive, and floppy drive) then that should mean that there would not be a vacant spot to put the cd burner, right? Do i then take out the cd rom drive or what?

I am still looking for help. Does anyone have any suggestions or know exactly what I should do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom