Intel Quad processors and future PC games

Status
Not open for further replies.

globall

Beta member
Hello,

I am about to buy a new Intel Quad Q6600 PC with ATI HD 4870 video card but before deciding to buy I wish to know how long would the Quad processors continue to support the coming PC games. As you know the Intel Core i7 (Nehalem) processors are due by the year's end do you think I would be able to play the future PC games with my Quad when the Intel Core i7 would be released? Also which Quad should go for, Q6600, Q9550 or Q9400? I mean which is the best in performance and is the most mainstream. Kindly inform. Thanks:)

Re: Nvidia or ATI after intel core i7 processors?

I read somewhere that it's official that X58 will be both supporting of SLi and CrossfireX, so just get what will be the best bang for the buck

Yes u should be fine with a current quad for some time. Only a few games currently use 4 cores, but that will increase soon. It should last you 1-2 years. The i7 cpus are showing a 30% increase over the current line, but not in games yet, so you should be fine.

As for which to get, the Q6600 is good, if you dont plan to overclock too much (they only get up to about 3.4-3.6Ghz these days) otherwise go for a Q6700. If your willing to spend a bit more cash the Q9450 is good.

Why did you make 2 threads within 2minutes of each other on conflicting topics?

If your going with a quad core a q6700/q6600 are both good, but if you have the money the q9550 is a very good quad core.

Thanks a lot guys for the useful information. I will get the best of the Core 2 Quad for my system. I think that it would take some time probably an year for the prices of intel core i7 to come down to the level of the the mainstream public. I will get the core 2 quad in the meantime and would upgrade to core i7 when its prices as well as the prices of the associated hardware comes to an affordable range. I think the associated hardware would be the memory, motherboard for me as I would be getting the ATI HD 4870 video card. If I am missing any other associated hardware it would be kind enough of you if you inform me. Thanks a lot again.:)

The Q9450 has a hole around 2.8ghz -3.0ghz where it won't overclock unless you put it higher than 3ghz~

Also if you are upgrading to i7 then you will need a different motherboard and DDR3 Ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom