Intel P4 506 or sempron 2800+?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol. I went into fry's today wanting to check out the deal, but when i go there they said it was a one day sale and it won't happen until like an other month. They usually have those deals every week with a cpu and mobo combo but they aren't going to have this one again for liek amonth they told me. I am kind of glad because i didn't want to turn my back, so to speak, on AMD. Regardless of this being temporary. I am going to buy a new motherboard for my sokcet A sempron 2800. My mobo now is crappy it has a km266 chipset and only agp4x slot and it has weak overlcoking features. I am lookin into this msi one:
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=BA20622

it has an nforce2 chipset and agp 8x and it can probaly overlcok better since it is an msi. Anything is better than pc chips. I mainly want to get my 6600 out of that agp4x slot because it is holding it back. So for the same amount as the p4 and ecs mobo I can get the msi mobo and an other 512mb ram to make it 1 gig. On newegg ven the semprons got better reviews than the p4 506. I just rather go with the better mobo and more ram. Since the order for playing games goes liek this:gfx card, ram, cpu. I'd rather have a good videocard in it's agp 8x slot and 1 gig of ram instead of a better cpu. What do you guys think?

ya but he didnt put those quotation marks. Can you guys stop beating around the bush and tell me if ti sounds good or doesn't lol? I want to make the right upgrade here.

lol i guess since i am going to be getting some money now minus well investr into s939 now instead of the summer. I will be getting around $100 dollars so i will probaly save up like 70 dollars more and get an amd athlon 64 3200 venice. I guess you guys aren't liking the idea to go wiht 1 gig of ram and a good socket A mobo lol.

nah just use what you have for now. the sempron 2800+ is a solid performer and should last you long. The agp4x ISNT holding back the video card because chances are the video card isn't even taking full advantage of the memory bandwidth available to it. So you'll be fine don't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom