Intel P4 506 or sempron 2800+?

Status
Not open for further replies.
man i like AMD but that Intel deal is awesome & better than the sempron but if you already have the sempron dont bother. maybe you could change your mind about intel if you like this P4

yeah i think i am going with the p4. As much as i love AMD i am getting a good deal and i will be coming back to AMD in the summer with a s939 rig. I love AMD so much even look at my avatar symbol, but i also love getting good deals even more lol. I'm going to go with the p4 thanx.

lol wow i just saw the motherboard that the deal comes with. It's this one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813135206

Wel since the deal only costs $109. I guess its just like they throw in that free motherboard. This kind of makes me not want to buy it. But i guess the mobo would be decent, although 2 guys said it had trouble installing windows xp. My mobo now though is one of the crappiest there is it is a pc chips for socket A. The reviews on newegg.com are horrible , but it runs fine for me so i am used to budget boards. Now what do you guys think lol? I think i am still going to go for it how much more worse can ti be than my pc chips mobo lol.

The only problem you are going to have is heat. The Prescott core gets hotter the lower it clocks it self down. 2.66Ghz is the hottest Prescott out there, I do believe. Shawn said he got his to 3.0Ghz easily, BUT he's running the Northwood core which runs way cooler.

That said, hope it all works for you.

Oh, where did you see that ad for? Was it for Fry's?

My proscott is running on my stock heatsink at 29idle and 38-40 under full load so it isn't to bad altho my other heatsink i bought for it woudln't fit the mobo things where in the way. But i would get the intel but then again i am a intel fan but i do agree amd is much better for gaming.

AnthraX said:
The only problem you are going to have is heat. The Prescott core gets hotter the lower it clocks it self down. 2.66Ghz is the hottest Prescott out there, I do believe. Shawn said he got his to 3.0Ghz easily, BUT he's running the Northwood core which runs way cooler.

That said, hope it all works for you.

Oh, where did you see that ad for? Was it for Fry's?

yep fry's/ they always ahve those motherboard and cpu combo deals. I got my sempron 2800 and my pc chips mobo from them like 6 months ago for only 70.

hey so if i get the p4 my rig would look like this:

-Intel p4 506 2.66ghz
-ECS P4M800-M7 mobo
-Asus geforce 6600 128mb
-Seagate 160GB HDD
-512mb pc 2700 ram
-raidmax 380 watt psu

So with this do you think i would be able to play battlefield 2? I think i can atleast play on all medium settings right?

P.S. I hope this cpu is good because my parents have a p4 2.4 ghz northwood socket 478 and my sempron 2800+ socket A runs faster than it. I also have 256mb more ram than that computer though.

You'll play it fine. Especially if it's only temporary. That video card is about like mine perfomance-wise. The ram is skimpy, but people do play it on 512mb. You'll do okay.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom