Solid State Member
Main Circuit Board
Board: Intel Corp
Serial Number: TGSR40619872
Bus Clock: 100 Megahertz
BIOS: Intel Corp.
SR84510B.44T.0019.P03.0402819
02/08/04
Where can I find out what this thing accepts in the video card department?

Well theres nothing thats pulling up on it really. It only has an onboard video controller though, so my guess is you have no chance of using an AGP video card.

If you're intent on keeping that board, you'll have to use a PCI video card, which is basically useless honestly.

Who'd you buy the computer from? Do they offer upgrades? They kind of make it so you don't do these sort of things.

Well, its and emachines, I know I know I know. I'm not gaming I'm just trying to gain some on a Mapping program I use for work. I did some research last night and found a tutorial on PCI's but I'm unsure of what the receptacle of the PCI looks like. Mine has three white slots, no brown one, for the card,modem and what-ever else goes back there. Does that sound like a PCI? Where is a good place to research the numbers from my board?

If you have a small brown slot above the white ones, that is a agp slot. If all you are going to use this for is that one program and not gaming, just get a gforce 5500 or a 6200. The white slots are your pci slots by the way.

Thanks for the information guys. I ordered a card and another ram for the junker I run. The card is Radeon 9250 128mb..... the ram a 512 so hopefully it will make what I do somewhat easier. Thanks once again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom