Intel DG31PR vs Intel DG41RQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

waelkd

Solid State Member
what makes the 41 better than the 31,i mean i was chking them and both r almost identical in specs.

thanks

Newegg.com - Intel BOXDG31PR LGA 775 Intel G31 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - Intel BOXDG41RQ LGA 775 Intel G41 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

main difference is the chipsets used. G31 for the former and g41 for the latter.
G41 uses the X4500 onboard video versus the G31 using the 3100
So, better onboard graphics for the G41.

G41 can use up to 8gb or ram versus 4gb for the g31.
Needless to say the g41 is worth the extra $10.

The real question is what are you getting this for? And what is your board budget?

my board budget is around 75$,am getting a proccessor,graphic card,and memory.

Inno3D Geforce PCX 9500GT 1GB DDR2 Dual w/TV

Intel DG41rq w/VGA+Sound+SATA+Lan& PCI Express(DDR2) Supports 1333Mhz CPUs

2gb memory

2.66 GHz - E7300 1066MHz/3M Core 2 Duo

my over all budget is around 350$.

anyways thats why i was asking if its worth paying the extra 10$,and seems its worth it.

Alright, with this budget, you need to go AMD.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model VDQVE1A16K - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX 400W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

Total comes to $335.26 after shipping, then you get 20 bucks back in MIRs.

With this build, you would be using onboard video, but it works just fine for light gaming and regular everyday stuff. The 9500GT would have been a waste of money.

You're getting a triple core instead of a dual at a higher frequency, with a great motherboard that will allow for future upgrades.

Later on, you could add a dedicated card if you want to game more. But for now, this is your best bet. It's pretty hard to beat AMD on a budget.

gr8 built,but the thing i dont reside in the united states,i live in beirut/lebanon middle east,so i highly doubt that getting these stuff will cost 350$.

i have to chk ,althogh i know it'll cost more.
ill get back to u soon

thats the site i buy my stuff from Computers Parts Price List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom