Intel D865PERL Mobo. How is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikenk

Baseband Member
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to buy a new Mobo on a budget. Right now I'm looking at the Intel D865PERL mother board. Is this motherboard OK or is it known to be a dog, so to speak.

I wanted an Abit IS-7 or an Asus P4P800 but those boards have been selling at about $120 on Ebay and it's beyond my budget. I have a chance to get an 865PERL mobo with FireWire for about $70. Is it worth it?

Thanks!

decent board... I had one back in the day... some ok bios features... didn't OC very well, but I expect that. and was pretty stable with a 3.4 P4 on it, clocked @ 3.7 for about 8 months. but honestly... I would have to put a price of maybe 50 USD max on it... it's decent, but not that good with what's out now...

Thanks for the reply, Nukem.

What kind of BIOS did it have? Award? AMI? Or, was it an Intel Propietary BIOS?

Unfortunately, if you look around Ebay you won't find any type of Intel 865PERL(X/K/L) motherboard for anywhere close to 50 bucks. Theye are all over $90, generally speaking.

All the boards on eBay that are less than 60 bucks are all based on an SiS chipset or the Via Chipset, which I know nothing about. A search of SiS vs. Via vs. Intel 865PE chipsets with Google got me nowhere as far as comparisons/reviews were concerned.

Do you know anything about the Via chipset (PT800, is it?).

Thanks.

the mobo I had was an award / INTEL bios , but it's not locked so you can play around with it. and truthfully I'm not sure of the chipset though, honestly... but if you can still pick one up then go for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom