Intel D815eea2 cpu upgrade ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katmandu

In Runtime
I'm "trying" to update the CPU on my wifes OLD PC.

It currently has a 866 PIII and I'm trying to upgrade it to a 1.0Mhz PIII. Intel's website shows this board will support a 1.0 Mhz.

When I swapped in the 1.0, the PC would NOT show any display on the screen. Sounded like the HD was booting up, but no display.

I swapped the 866 back and it's back to normal.

I didn't see any jumpers listed to change CPU settings like voltage, FSB or anything.

What am I over-looking here ??

TIA,

ERIC

wow 1mhz? you sure it isn't 1ghz? well w/e clock speed it is make sure it has the right socket size. They usally make like 3 1 ghz models and hard to tell each appart.

Lol a P3 would be 1ghz yea...thats quite fast for a P3 but as Trotter stated thats too ancient for me...im 17 sorry lol I P4's are about my limit.

wow 1mhz? you sure it isn't 1ghz? well w/e clock speed it is make sure it has the right socket size. They usally make like 3 1 ghz models and hard to tell each appart.

Yea, Ghz. That's what I get for posting in the middle of the night.

Anyways, the system actually runs very well right now for a 866Mhz. Has 512MB PC133 Ram. Cruises the net just as fast as any PC I've seen. My wife does very little high CPU apps. Basic Email, Office apps is bout it.

I picked up a new 1.0 Ghz P3 for $15 so I figured I slap it in for the heck of it. Couldn't hurt.

Anyways back to my original question...

I slapped the 1.0 Ghz CPU in and got a blank screen. I think the voltage settings are different between the 866 and 1.0.

How do I get the settings right to get the 1.0ghz CPU running on this machine ??

thats too ancient for me...im 17 sorry lol I P4's are about my limit.
Yea, but I have a wopping $60 in her whole PC which is probably about 1/3 of what your processor ALONE cost! LOL! ;>) ;>)

Now help me with my problem! :>)

you may have picked up a "tualatin" core PIII. If so you may be out of luck. Does the 1GHz PIII have a metal square where the CPU die is? if so you have a tualatin core and it probably wont work depending on the board (different voltages)

you may have picked up a "tualatin" core PIII. If so you may be out of luck. Does the 1GHz PIII have a metal square where the CPU die is? if so you have a tualatin core and it probably wont work depending on the board (different voltages)

Yes it does. I did notice the CPUs have different voltages.

Can I reset the voltages in the BIOS (using the 866 CPU) and then reinstall the 1.0Ghz CPU ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom