Intel Celeron D 336 heatsink at 3900RPM...

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3n

Solid State Member
I'm not familiar with different processors and heatsinks, but i recently upgraded my old system which had a 477MHz celeron processor (i know!) to a new system with the following:

Processor: Intel Celeron D 336 2.8GHz EMT64
Motherboard: ASRock 775Dual-880Pro
RAM: Corsair 256MB DDR-400
Graphics: ATI Radeon 9200 128MB AGP 8x

The problem is that my system is extremely loud (as loud as a standard microwave!). The chassis fan i added runs at an average of 2500 RPM, but my CPU heatsink fan start at around 2500 RPM- then when i play a game, burn a cd or listen to music on WMP it shoots up to 3900 RPM. After i close all applications the speed stays constant and it doesn't lower. Naturally, with the chassis side panel off these readings are lower- but the problem is that the CPU fan should slow down after a while.

Does anyone else have experience with Intel Celeron D processors? Do you know the average CPU fan speed and what RPM is should be? Cheers.

P.S: My brother 'Alvin.C' has recently posted about this problem for me (u may have already read).

i would replace the fan with something more silent.

there should be a setting in the bios that controls at what temp the fan cranks up the speed to max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom