Intel or AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephexx793

In Runtime
I am building my own PC and I have all the parts chosen out...

I had an EXCELLENT processor chose out on www.newegg.com, and then they removed it from their site like 3 days ago.. Really ****ed me off, AMD Athlon 64x dual core 2800+ 2.6GHz processor for about $130.....

Well anyways, now im on the look for a new processor, and I just don't know what to get ! I have an ASUS motherboard that supports AMD only and SLi, socket 939.
My Motherboard; http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813131517
And I have heard that the new Intel dual core CPU kicks ***, and supposedly it beats AMD's dual core processor, is this true?? I'm sure none of you have a direct answer, but what is the best CPU and motherboard for GAMING, and to keep the price $1500 and below...

thanks.

~Ephexx

I'm not saying I exactly want an Intel processor, but I did hear the Duo Core processor is beast..

I am a big AMD fan, but has Intel won this battle??

~Ephexx

Mmk, thanks and I still want an ASUS motherboard, I have to saerch for a new one if I'm going to get Intel Core Duo.

any suggestions?

~Ephexx

Intel has only won the battle for now but soon they will release somthing that will put the core 2 duo to shame intel rushed the release of this proccessor i dont trust it. yea it might be fast but for a die hard gamer intel isnt for you. argue if you want tell me im wrong but as many of you remeber AMD cornerd the market and held it for a long time there is a reason for this.

Very true, I made this topic because I simply don't trust Intel with gaming.. I hear they are quite hard to OC, and that it's just not great for gaming..

AMD Does go by Clocks Per Cycle.. AMD hasn't unleashed it's argument for Intel's Duo Core tech, once they do, I'm sure AMD will win..

AMD has cornered the market, very true, and they got shoved for once, no company like Intel will go down without a fight..

No doubt, both are GREAT processors, but I just can not get past the fact that I think AMD is better than intel..

AMD just got shoved for once, and I am sure they will come back with something great.. They were ahead all these years, one release from Intel will not break them down..

~Ephexx

You realize that "Intel's Duo Core tech" isn't anything that exists, you are confusing parts of their nick name Core 2 Duo, and Core Duo with "dual-core processors." And do be fair, AMD had dual-core processors before Intel.

Let's get a few things straight with overclocking:

AMD has a hundred thousand things to mess with your RAM, makes things complicated. I was only able to get my Athlon 64 X2 3800+ from 2.0Ghz to 2.6Ghz, yet I was able to get my Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 from 2.4Ghz to 3.5Ghz, just by increasing the FSB and voltage.

Overclocking --- Intel > AMD
Benchmarks --- Intel > AMD
Performance per clock cycle --- Intel > AMD
Value --- Intel > AMD
Games --- Intel > AMD
Multi-core processors --- Intel wins by default

Over-all --- Intel > AMD

Yes, I am well aware that AMD was great, and might be great again, but right not, and for another year or so, there is no reason to buy an AMD processor unless you're an AMD fanboy with a hard-on for AMD and don't care that you are spending more for less performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom