Installing Window98

Status
Not open for further replies.

chetannanda

Beta member
Hi,

I have installed win98 in c: drive and then winxp in d:drive.
I have install first win 98 and then win xp.

thus
c: win98
d: winxp

C: is my primary partition
and also Linux is installed on my system.

Now I want to format my C; drive and reinstall win98 on that.

Can I do this. ? i.e. xp is already installed on my machine on secondry partition

How can I proceed further.

pls. provide the needful information
Thanks

okay using terms that arent OS specific would help ... "c" and "d" mean nothing in linux. describing your partition table better than "c" and "d" will help... but in the end, i think you'll just want to go without win98 ... seeing has how it's been "deprecated" since 2003. but if you installed linux on your computer last... you'll have boot loader problems if you install windows over it. the ms bootloader sucks. i think it would be easier to do this:

1. format all of your harddrives so all you have is blank space.

2. install windows 98 on one harddrive/partition

3. install windows XP (it will install a lame ass boot loader that is trash if you ever use grub)

4. install linux (will install grub if you picked a distro that doesnt suck (I.E. www.debian.org www.slackware.com www.ubuntulinux.org )

what do you need windows 98 for anyway?

Yes I have installl win98 first, then XP and then in the last I have installed linux.
Currently on booting up the system first grub boot loadder appears and selecting dos over there boot option for 98 and XP comes.

Is there any way that allows me to format my primary partition (having win98) and reinstall win98 on that

I need win98 as, lots of s/w iam using like sify broad band client on xp sucks a lot of ram

The easiest way is to start all over again, unfortunately. reformat your entire system and install everything in the correct order (98se, xp, linux).
macdude I swear to god I hate dr. phil:angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom