Installed Thermaltake Big Typhoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wverb0783

In Runtime
I just thought i'd share my experience. tonight when i got home from work, my new thermaltake big typhoon, CPU cooler had arrived. so i qive a quick read over the instructions, then begin to install the new cooler. All went well and it took about an hour (because i had to disassemble everything and remove the motherboard) but other than having to remove the motherboard it work flawlessly. needless to say i was very pleased that after putting everything back together, the system started right up without a hitch. not to mention the instant drop in temperature from an idle temp of 60-62 C (with stock cooler) to 48 C idle, (with new cooler) i am still going to replace my stock case fan as well. I am also very pleased with how quiet the thermaltake big typhoon is, as it only runs at around 1300 - 1500 RPMs on normal running conditions. s apposed to the 3000-4000 RPMs that the stock cooler ran at. (very Loud) anyways. this seems to be a good product and i will upsate after a few months of running it, to see if it can hold it's own. Take care

take some pictures of your rig and post them now that it is semi complete :D

have you done some wire management often you can drop a surprising amount of heat just by tidying a few wires and hiding a couple of cables beneath the mobo. its a difficult job though could take you a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom