Installed a CoolerMaster 212, No Memory

Runfox

In Runtime
When I built my new comp, I went with the stock CPU, I thought it would be ok, but , bought a CoolerMaster 212 and installed it. I could not believe how big the thing is, it just about touches the side removal panel. I installed it and my comp would start, then shut down, then start , then shut down.

Couldn't think what it was, but so glad I bought the Asrock ASRock Z77 Extreme4 . it has a diagnostic digital readout, it would beep three times and display 55. I looked it up and it was "No Memory". So I reseated the one memory stick close to the CPU, which took care of the problem. Guess when I installed the CPU fan, it was pushing against that memory stick and caused my problem.

The largeness and the possibility of problems is exactly why I tell people not to buy tower coolers, or aftermarket cooling for that matter if you aren't overclocking.

Compared to the stock cooler and most cases these days, a regular tower cooler is pretty big. The 212 isn't too much smaller than my TRUE 120. Have you seen a TRUE120 installed in a small mid tower? It consumes over half the case.

Yeah I was not going to buy one,and just use the stock cooler. I can overclock my comp, but don't really need to, overclocking wont get me much, its already faster than I need. My son convinced me i should get a cooler, but at any rate its in working fine, and I can over clock it one day if I need to.

Back
Top Bottom