install it manually or have it come with it?

Which one?

• Have it come with everything I want.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Upgrade it yourself.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

master353

Baseband Member
Im looking to get a laptop and want to know is it worth buying a simple laptop then upgrading the ram and hard drive and other stuff myself to save money or would it just be better to have it come with all that stuff?

Hello,

It depends what laptop you're thinking of getting, what places are selling it, what prices it's being sold at and with what configuration it's available.

I upgraded the RAM on my notebook myself, from 512MB to 1024MB, but only because the model wasn't sold with a configuration of 1GB RAM.

Depends if you get a warrenty with it, if you don't then it doesn't make much difference.

If it does, changing the hardware will probs void the warrenty.

You would want to look at laptops with all your said upgrades already built into it and check those prices to your laptop then look at the prices of the upgrades you want and which ever place has the needed upgrades the cheapest and add those prices to the price of your laptop when you bought it and if its cheaper then i would go with that...... also going off what Raze664 said about the warranty if you have a warranty for your laptop thats going to be upgraded then do not try to upgrade it yourself because you can possibly void the warranty by taking it apart... plus if you mess something up and the warranty is void your up the creek without a paddle dude...

anyways it all depends on what you want to do with the laptop

Mainly for playing around. Its probaly is going to be a dell. I looked at some other ones.

what i failed to mention in my post was that if you change the hdd then it could possibly void the warranty

by playing around do you mean play low graphics games? such as sims or something of the like? or just surfin the net and doing office work?

Just like computer games, not like the sims, more like halo and surfing the web. Some school stuff too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom