install fx5500 in a dell E310?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wireless_lon

Beta member
Please please help- I am trying to install an Nvidia FX5500 in a Dell E310- I know it's a crappy card, but I understand it is the only option I have. I follow the directions to a tee, but when I reboot the computer, the Windows Logo comes up, with the little bar that moves back and forth, then.... nothing- the monitor goes into powersave mode and nothing else happens. I even changed the setting in BIOS to the add-in video card, from auto. I also checked for and updated to the latest driver for the card. I just want to be able to play basic games with my son, and the frustration level is getting pretty high.

Try turning off your on board graphics in the bios. and keep the addin video card on, if that doesnt work switch to auto again. I had to do something of the same sort with my sound card. they onboard one didnt work so i went out and bought one. I went into the bios and turned off the onboard one and everything worked great. until a couple days ago when my motherboard crashed. do to unrelated even. Something to do with the USB. Ive ordered the A8N-SLI premium. its on its way.

I have that card in my dell, dont plug it into the card straight away. Keep it in your normal VGA slot then go into the hardware config and disable your internal graphics then plug your screen into the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom