Inspiron 6400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bang Train

Beta member
Hi everyone,
I just registered here looking for advice from some experienced people. I'm planning on buying myself a laptop around the $1000 range, I can spend more if I think I like the laptop enough. I've been looking at the Dell Inspiron 6400s with the 15.4" screen on the Dell website and I think that I like these. Which one is the one to get though? The cheap one there doesn't have the Intel Core 2 Duo processor but just a regular old Intel Core Duo. Is the 2nd version that much better than the first? I am always multi-tasking so I'm thinking that the middle one is the way to go. I can't tell the difference between that one and the high-end one other than it's $200 more.

Are these good computers anyways? Should I be looking at other options from other companies? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Dell laptops do not just 'blow up' you just need to check on the dell website if your laptop is affected by the battery re-call.Also i would go with the core 2 duo.You'll see the differnce .
so my advice go with the exspensiver dell.

Bang Train said:
Hi everyone,
I just registered here looking for advice from some experienced people. I'm planning on buying myself a laptop around the $1000 range, I can spend more if I think I like the laptop enough. I've been looking at the Dell Inspiron 6400s with the 15.4" screen on the Dell website and I think that I like these. Which one is the one to get though? The cheap one there doesn't have the Intel Core 2 Duo processor but just a regular old Intel Core Duo. Is the 2nd version that much better than the first? I am always multi-tasking so I'm thinking that the middle one is the way to go. I can't tell the difference between that one and the high-end one other than it's $200 more.

Are these good computers anyways? Should I be looking at other options from other companies? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I just ordered a 6400. Mine has

core 2 duo 1.66

2 gigs ram

256 ATI Radeon video card

For 1119$ canadian before tax. I originally was going to get the 1300 but said whatever lets get the core 2 with 2 gigd. Video card could be better but its nearly the best dell offers. Hopefully it holds up...im not a hardcore gamer anyway so im sure this will serve me well.

I am pretty happy with mine, and I'll recommend using Acer, as you'll get more bang for your bucks. rest your choice. people would pay anything for the brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom