initial boot up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben_jammin

Beta member
Hey guys.Newbie here.

I just finished building my first pc which honestly, seemed almost to easy.
All the hardware went in and connected up nicely, and the unit powers up just fine. However, i hooked up my monitor and keyboard and get absolutely nothing. What is the next step? I tried loading in the OS (xp home) but it does not recognize the dvd drive, or for that matter, even my keyboard. I get a "no signal detected" on my monitor screen. All connections are tight and its set to the correct input. What am I missing and what should be on the screen when first booted up? Thanks in advance!

MB= XFX Gforce 8200
Processor= AMD 64 x2 5800+
RAM= 2x1024 800 6400

so let me get this straight...you hooked it up and got some signal for a while and then nothing? so how did you put in XP home?...do you see the POST? or do you see anything at all?......also, what is your video card model.....

i had a similar problem with my first build. I was using the monitor with a previous pc and kept getting the "no signal" sign so i set the monitor to the default resolution using the other computer. this may not be your fix but it worked for me. good luck.

So you get power to the box (do you see the fans moving and hear everything boot up) but you see nothing on the screen. Is that right?

Kinda hard to tell since we don't know your total setup, did you ENSURE that you were grounded when handling ESD sensative parts like RAM and CPU? You could have fried a particular part or a part could be bad.

I'm guessing your case didn't come with a speaker - so hookup an external speaker (they are like a size of a dime and are extremely cheap) to the MB connector for the case speaker. Then boot it up. At that point you should hear some beeps - use the MB manual to determine which part of the computer isn't passing the POST (number/length of beeps indicates which part isn't passing).

Then one of the parts if faulty or was damaged during installation - follow what i outlined about the speaker and the error code in beeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom