Info on upgrading my pc

Blabagas

Baseband Member
Hey guys, so I was curious about what it takes to upgrade a pc. I am not looking at upgrading right now but I was just curious about what things should be upgraded etc.

PC specs:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: p6-2175a
BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/23/2012 CUP_716.rom Ver: 7.16
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4076MB RAM
Page File: 5107MB used, 3044MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

If I was to upgrade I would want improved performance in games. What things would you upgrade?
Thanks.

A new PSU doesn't improve gaming, but is required to power a new GPU which will.

If you want specific suggestions post your budget and the games you want to improve performance on.

Sorry for being a noob but what is a PSU? Also could you go into a bit more detail?
EDIT: Ok so you mean Power supply unit. How would that improve gaming? Also what GPU?

Your model comes with a 300w PSU which is of poor quality so wont handle any decent cards. Your CPU is perfectly capable but in order to play better graphically demanding games you will for sure need a better GPU.

Ok, what would it take to run the best games on highest graphics? I personally don't have a lot of trouble because I dont have many games, however I do have to run tribes ascend on low/medium graphics. Also if the card I requested is a lot, what would recommend that is value for money? Oh and USD is fine I just want an aproximation.

Could you get anything decent for say $300 - $400? Oh and I forgot to put my card specs in the first post, I have an AMD Radeon HD 7450 1GB if you were wondering.

You would have to check the prices for the sites or stores that will sell to you. Here in the US the 670 is less than 400 and you can get a Corsair 650TX for about 69 bucks.

Over here the card is about $450 and for some reason the PSU is about $200 o_O
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti TWF2 HDMI DisplayPort Dual-DVI 2GB - Graphics card (PCI Express) - Find the lowest price, product reviews and information
CORSAIR 650W HX-650v2 ATX12V v2.31 and EPS 2.92 Power Supply 140mm fan Modular Cables 80Plus GOLD certified 7 years Warranty

Seems a bit much, am I looking at the right things?

For some reason its saying I need to wait for a mod to approve my post, I think it might be because I had links. Lets see if that was correct
EDIT: Ok it was, so I found the gpu for about 450 and the PSU was like 200 for some reason... not sure why. I noticed in another post you suggested the 560 ti or 650 to someone. Would either of those be any good?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom