importance of FSB speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

degraffenried13

Beta member
I am trying to determine the relationship between the processor, FSB and memory. I was looking for a motherboard with a high FSB speed, but was wondering if there is an upper limit because of the speed of the memory or something else I should think about? Thanks for the discussion.

im not sure if this is right or not, but the FSB speed is speed at which things get transfered throughout the components, no?

Like each component has its own speed right, but then the FSB is the speed at which all that data gets transfered TO those components. am i wrong?

Edited*

In a nutshell, all of your components, main memory included, use the FSB to communicate with the CPU. Faster bus speed means faster data processing, creating fewer log jams making for a faster more efficient machine.

JohnnyPotseed said:
In a nutshell, all of your components, main memory included, use the FSB to communicate with the CPU. Faster bus speed means faster data processing, creating fewer log jams making for a faster more efficient machine.

Thanks, that is what I understood, I guess my question was can you have too much FSB speed, thus worrying too much about it or is it always the slowest part of the computer, thus get all the speed you can get? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom