Im a noob with some gaming computer component questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwuarre

Baseband Member
My current computer specs are...
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 510 MB RAM
Video Card: RADEON X600 256MB HyperMemory
I play Battlefield 2 and I have lag as it is, pretty bad too. I wanted too get into video editing for game movies and things like that but trying to use a program like fraps and a video game like bf2 is terrible so I was wondering what do I need too get too make games and my computer overall run faster.
Plus, I was wondering if someone could give me some examples of what the differences would be if I got a better video card.

Im willing to spend about $500 total (excluding vid card). If you need anything more just ask.

How do I tell?
Sorry man im a noob with computers haha

EDIT:
I understand ram is pretty cheap so would it make that much of a difference if I through 4gigs of ram in my computer

Download a program called CPU-Z, and when you run it, go to the mainboard tab. It should say graphics interface at the bottom.

Check out the build I posted up earlier.

I checked the stuff you posted above but wouldnt it be smarter to just put money into the stuff that I want better instead of making everything better?
it says PCI express

Hasnt this been getting a little bit off topic, I wanted too know how too get less lag... or would a video card help?

OK that's up to you. I was just suggesting that you can make an overall better computer, than your current.

If you just plan on sticking with that computer, I suggest you upgrade the CPU, RAM, Graphic card, and what is your power supply? Brand, model, and amperage on +12v rails, because you might have to upgrade that too. Also can you tell me the model of your motherboard?

heh uhoh how do I find all that stuff out? Should I just use the same program because if so which things do I need to look for too tell you.

Under the mainboard tab, of CPU-Z, it should tell you the manufacturer and model of your motherboard. And to find out the power supply info, you have to open up the side panel, of your computer and read the label on it.

Dell.inc
0RD203
Youch im not gonna open my comp for now.

EDIT: my comp is a dell E510 and I bought it December 29, 2005 I dont know if you could find out the power supply from that

argh....another Dell...

Is it still under warranty? How are you going to upgrade it, if you don't want to open it? What Dell model is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom