I'm getting back into the P.C world! I banish Macs to my wife! Assistance. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via AIM to Argilus
Question I'm getting back into the P.C world! I banish Macs to my wife! Assistance.

Please bare with me, as I've been out of the PC world for nearly six years. However, I've put together computers before when I was really into gaming. Now, in a turn of events, (I'm married and my best friend in moving to another country) I was given the Cooler Master Storm Scout ATX Computer Case, and that has sparked me to build a new computer. I've been using two mac book pro's ever since my last computer which I believe by looking at the stats below in my signature, it was pretty dated. I've already picked up a naked version 64 bit Win 7, and working working in getting a 23 inch HDMI 1080P Monitor, but now, that is all I have!

The favor I have to ask from everyone here, with having a monitor and Case+win7 O.S. what would you recommend me buying with $900 at max for a working Gaming/home running computer? I know I've always favored AMD processors, so with those guidelines what would you recommend me buying if helping me putting together a computer?

I've got a few techie friends around to help but I at least like to have something to run off of, where people know what they are talking about. Anyone?

Case:Cooler Master Storm Scout ATX
O.S.: Win 7
Monitor: 23" LG HDMI 1080p
Hard Drive: (None)
Motherboard: (None)
Processor: (None)
Video Card : (None)
Ram: (None)
DVD Drive: (None)
Sound Card: (None)
Power Supply: (None)
Mouse: Logitech MX 518 High Performance Optical Gaming Mouse
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
Speakers: (None)
Network Card/Modem: (None)

There you have it. Not much yet, but I'm really hoping to have this PC together in 2 months tops!
Closed Thread