If you would be so kind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxOfWonders

Beta member
Ill try to keep it short. My 18th is comin round the corner and my dads girlfriend has promised me a new computer. No word on budget, however Im pretty sure moneys not an issue with her. Shes a cashbag. /crossedfingers

Currently Im running a ****box of a comp not even worth mentioning, so...

Requesting opinions.

Intel® Core™ 2 Quad-Core Q8200 Processor (2.33GHz, 4MB cache, 1333MHz FSB)
21.5in S2209W Full HD Widescreen Black (1920 x 1080)
4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [4x1024]
512MB nVidia GeForce 9800GT graphics card
1TB (7200rpm) SATA Hard Drive
512MB nVidia GeForce 9800GT graphics card
Integrated 7.1 Channel High Definition Audio
21.5in S2209W Full HD Widescreen Black (1920 x 1080)
Logitech X540 Speakers

@
Price € 1,314.85
Total savings € 329.30
Total € 985.55
from Dell.

As of today, this deal is only on offer for 9 more days. Is it worth the buy? Would purchasing all of the above [or the equvilant/better] seperatly save a few bob?

Funny thing is, an iMac at about pretty much the same specs comes in at €1,349.00. They dont seem overpriced to me, as uneducated in computing as I may be.

Any advice would be greatly appreaciated. Cheers.

i, and i think just about everyone else here, would highly recommend buying your own parts and building it yourself. for that kind of money, you could build yourself a really nice pc with better quality parts and maybe save a few still.

i, and i think just about everyone else here, would highly recommend buying your own parts and building it yourself. for that kind of money, you could build yourself a really nice pc with better quality parts and maybe save a few still.

Thank you for the reply, Man of Muffins.

I have come to that conclusion via another Forum and am already being assisted in the choosing and purchaseing of parts. Your comment further calms my mind in that I have made the right choice.

Have a good day.

no problem. it would have been a waste of money to buy that dell for that much money. and even if you were going to spend half that amount, it would be better to build it yourself.

come to think of it, its better to build it yourself pretty much in any situation, unless you find some hot deals or something.

you could post your final hardware list here and let the more experienced users here give it one final look, just to be safe.

no problem. it would have been a waste of money to buy that dell for that much money. and even if you were going to spend half that amount, it would be better to build it yourself.

come to think of it, its better to build it yourself pretty much in any situation, unless you find some hot deals or something.

you could post your final hardware list here and let the more experienced users here give it one final look, just to be safe.

Will do, cheers.

Untill then, Muffin Man..

If its any help, don't do Dell anything.

Matter of fact, IMO don't buy desktops from companies.

Build your own, if you need help, we're always here or you can message me and I'm sure I speak for everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom