If You Were Going to Learn to Overclock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodNews101

In Runtime
...what AMD motherboard would you recommend? I am in the process of finalizing my hardware for a new PC and I want to learn to overclock. I am beginning at the beginning so all the bells and whistles aren't a "must have."

The board needs to be PCI-Express compliant. The CPU I have settled on is the Athlon 64 3200+ Venice.

I wouldn't exactly recommend DFI for a beginning overclocker. DFI has way more options and is the better board to get more performance out of your CPU/RAM, but for the beginner, it could be a little overwhelming. I don't have a DFI motherboard, so I can't really say if it's easy for the first-time-overclocker or not, but this is just what I've been told by others. So either make sure you do your research and you know what you're doing before you overclock, or get something other than DFI. I'm not sure what other companies are good for overclocking. I got an EPoX motherboard and that works great for me, but you could have luck with MSI or maybe even Gigabyte? I'm not so sure about the other brands like I said, so you could ask someone else about that.

i have an MSI mobo for my first build awesome, but now im too advanced and im selling that wonderful mobo and moving on to DFI :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom