iBuypower or Build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
found thisin a thread on google

In the BIOS, 2-3 MB Intelligent Tweaker, Bump up the memory clock multiplyer till you get to 1600. Might take a try or 2. Bump it up and restart and go into BIOS and see where it's at till you get where you want.

alright, for some reason the internet seems slower than normal now idk why, maybe all the installs I am doing? I'm only patching now, but that's take internet bandwith dosen't it, (and it's for wow so it's like 9gb of patching)

But firefox 4 did seem slow, ahh w/e.

edit: what browser u using ?
edit: k going to bed, hopefully wow is done in the morning, and I can test it with my system on ultra ;D

alright, everything runs smooth 60 fps + bfbc2, sc2, and wow, it's amazing !

I'll try the ram to 1600 after I get back.

edit:

Okay, I can't see the post I just posted a few mins back but whatever. I went to the bios and went to A.I. tweaker, there was a DRAM FRequency, it was at 1333, so I put it to 1547. The other option was 18 something, but I thought that was a bit too high, so it 1547 good enough ?

edit; also gere's my first problem: in sc2, I am only getting sound from 1 speaker of my g930. and it's set as default in sc2 and windows?

edit: another edit, (hopefully last)

I got cpuid, and it told me my ram's frequency is 620 mhz, so who's lieing, bios or cpuid?

Odds are you tried setting the wrong thing in the BIOS. You want to set the DRAM Frequency to half the speed you want. For example, my DRAM Frequency is set at 800.1MHz which equates to 1600. While you are in the BIOS, be sure to set the latencies to what your RAM is supposed to run; mine are set to 8-8-8-24.

okay, I only found one option to change ram frequency and that was dram frequency. One option there was 900, but does that mean 900 x 2 = 1800 ? Idk because it gave me bigger numbers so I guess it's not that. Example, it gave me 1547 1800, 1333.

My timings are right they are 9-9-9-24

Also when I put my ram at 1547, my cpu raises to 3.2 is that normal ?

edit: also I wanted to ask, is this build future proof for crysis 2 and battlefield 3 ?

1547 should be about right. Weird that your mobo doesn't give an exact option for 1600, though.

I'm glad it got your timings right. mine was way off until I fixed them.

I'm not sure about the CPU, but that sounds right to me. You would have to set a divider to keep it from doing that but I don't remember enough about it right now to direct you.

You should be good for BF3. Who knows with Crysis 2... the first one's code was very badly optimized which was part of the problem with it being so hard graphically. Crysis Warhead did much better.

Who knows with Crysis 2... the first one's code was very badly optimized which was part of the problem with it being so hard graphically. Crysis Warhead did much better.

crysis 2 will run fine on a dual core and an 8800gt, rather, it will be much more scalable this time.

alrighty, any input on the sound problem on one speaker with my headset on starcraft 2 ?

by the way, can my board do sli/crossfire? It has two pci e slots but there was no sticker, so idk if both slots run at 8x 8x

Pictures are here ! So stupid, I could put sd cards in my printer >.<

24q0exh.jpg

All boxes :D Always the funnest part

nb7lsp.jpg

1055t in

ax176a.jpg

ripjaws in

11i09p4.jpg

psu in

2jaan2b.jpg

Don't worry about that hanging sata cable, I connected it after the pic..

Was the best cable management I could do in 15 minutes, since I had to study for a test the following day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom