iBuypower or Build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To find the amps on NewEgg, click the Details tab and then scroll down to Output. the "+12V@" is the 12 volt rail(s). There can be a single rail or multiple; if multiple, add them up to get the total amps.

I have that DVD drive so I know it is good. ;)

I have a 650W of that Corsair, also a good one.

There is no such thing as a nice Ultra. Here's a link to a review of the Ultra X4 850w and 1050w power supplies. I don't see how the 750 w model you've chosen will be any better. If you don't want to read it I'll post a spoiler, they get a Fail Rating.
Ultra X4 850W and 1050W Power Supplies Review - Ultra X4 850W and 1050W Power Supplies Review | [H]ard|OCP

This is priced pretty good for Corsair Modular
Newegg.com - CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-750HX 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Thanks for the heads up slaymate. Alright so I'll go with that Power Supply.

I'll go out to buy the hard drive and dvd/cd read writer at TigerDirect tommorow, it's closed to day sadly D:

What should I look for in a hard drive? Like what's the difference between green blue and black? I know I should get 7200 RPM's, and western digital and seagate are the two brands that I should look for.

Black = high performance, blue = standard performance. Plus, the Black have a five year warranty. Seagate is still good, but WD has surpassed them of late.

Corsair RAM is good, but 1333 is low for a gaming rig. "Free" water cooling is pretty vague. It is probably a H50 at best.

I would build it myself, period. iBuyPower and other sites like are there for those who just don't know better.

As for the comparison, the 1055 equals or bests the 950. It is cheaper because it is from AMD and not Intel, simply put. Hyperthreading is not splitting cores... it is letting processes share a core; it is still a quad.

I don't see how thw 1055 equals the 950 at all... The i5-760 can best the 1055. But if you are using video encoding/transcoding/etcetera, then it will best the 950.

So OP: If you do more work with videos than gaming go AMD, if you do more Gaming, you should probably go Intel. Both of the processors are fast no doubt about it, and as long as you get 60FPS in your game you will be fine.

But if I were you I would hold on. Intel is releasing Sandy Bridge next month and AMD will release bulldozer Q2 or Q3.

Alright, thanks for that Trotter :D

I think that's it for now, if I have any more questions I'll just continue posting on this thread. :big_smile:

By the way I picked out these sticks of ram:

Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM

Just wanted to make sure it's good.. And dosen't SDRAM mean ram for laptops?

edit: wow just found these for $52 and can't spot a difference:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&AID=10446076&PID=3946032&SID=skim2305X575088

One reviewer said he overclocked it to 1800 + not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom