I want to buy a small compact PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
I want to buy a small and compact pc which is not big as desktop but it is similar to this and not expensive as that but maybe $200-300 will do. It also must have hard disk, ram, cpu and main components for a PC. OS not included. I want to make it as a server so it also needs a LAN card with it.

lol, who would pay that much for the Aopen, you could pay $30 more and get a Mac Mini which is way better than that thing. Twice the ram, dual-core processor, twice the harddrives space, haha...

Anyway. you have a choice of LOTS of motherboards, most of them have integrated processors. You can learn a lot more about it by visiting www.mini-itx.com :)

we have shutles at my school . there not great for gaming or any graphicly intensive apps but fine for office and that stuff.I would still go with mac mini although its more expesive i reckon its worth it.

The Mac Mini is nice, because it's the size of most speaker systems. This makes much more desk space, and like General said, it's more powerful than some Acer/Aopen system.

Ok so heres what I want.

I want a computer which is compact like the one that is shown on the first post and I do not want a computer like a size of a desktop and the hard disk have to be silent and fan/no fan that is silent also. This computer will be used to host a server on that computer in my house so it can't be audible so my parents won't find out. Prices can vary but no more than $700-800 please.

EDIT: Also it could be the best if its availible in Hong Kong because I currently live there and don't want any shipping charges so if it could be bought in Hong Kong that would be another advantage for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom