I want to buy RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant do that though as i bought a 2 gig bit. Maybe i should put one of the other 512 bit's on the other channel then but i think that would exceed my capacity. It seems a lot quicker than before.

i m sure it does. can you return the 2gb stick and purchase 2 x 1gb instead? of course, if you are satisfied with the performance, there is no need to do that.

Nagasama stop confusing the poor guy the speed difference is negligible when in dual channel. Always keeping the box is a good rule but mainly for expensive things like cpu's and graphics card imo.

Ok, that's the 512 bit in the other channel. It's difficult to tell if there is an immediate difference. I've right clicked my comp and it says "2.50GB Ram". Surely, there should be a slight difference from 2GB. Slightly worried that going beyond my capacity may cause damage.

i did some checking. that mobo supports 4gb of memory.
so, if you want, you could go and get another 2gb stick. 32 bit windows will not see quite all of it though. :)

Yep, i dont want to get to far ahead of myself! I would only install 4gb of memory if i was doing some serious number crunching! I cant believe how cheap it is to get these parts now-a-days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom