i want to build a new rig that has dual everything

I.E.
Dual Dual core Cpu
Dual Gpu
2 2TB HDD's
& between 8-16 GB Ram
mobo capable of supporting this setup
at least a 850-900w psu
2 dvd+/-RW drives (not Bluray!!!!!!![/U])
and a ******* gaming tower

I want to use the rig for gaming but i want to have 4 screens
Price is no concern. I also want a Decent liquid Cooling system
Plz Help

Price is no concern? I could easily design you an $9000+ machine. Are you sure you have no budget? Btw, you won't even need 8GB, are you sure you want it?

Also 4 screens is crazy :eek: That sounds awesome.

i would do some serious research before investing in a system like your thinking about.

alot of that is overkill.

you can build a crazy system still, no need for 2 cpu's or 8-16gb ram and 4 total tb's of hd.
(i have put a total of <100GB's on my current HD that ive had for a year)

if price is no concern:

intel i7 extreme 965
biostar x58 mobo
2x gtx 295's
6GB's ddr3 ram
corsair 850w psu
antec 1200 tower
1x cd/dvd drive
1x blueray drive
and your hard drives

this would be no where near 9k (more like 2,750-3,500)
and would handle everything you throw at it.

but still, you can allmost half that price and still get simular real world performance:

intel i7 920
biostar x58 mobo
1x gtx 295
3gb ddr3 ram
corsair 750w psu
antec 1200
and your drives (about 1500?)

no need to go paying a massive premium for performance your not gonna see to the naked eye.

I saw a rig like the one i want in a tech mag i just cant find the mag and i know its over kill but i consider it planning for the future with a rig like the one i want i should still be ahead of the curve in 2-3 years. plus i want to be able to run multiple programs at the same time without degradation of performance

Price is no concern? I could easily design you an $9000+ machine. Are you sure you have no budget? Btw, you won't even need 8GB, are you sure you want it?

Also 4 screens is crazy :eek: That sounds awesome.

yeah 4 screens or a really good projector so i can use my bedroom wall as a screen.
lets see what you can design for me

I saw a rig like the one i want in a tech mag i just cant find the mag and i know its over kill but i consider it planning for the future with a rig like the one i want i should still be ahead of the curve in 2-3 years. plus i want to be able to run multiple programs at the same time without degradation of performance

nothing you buy now will put you ahead of the curve 2-3 years

any newer quad core will multi task very well right now.

no need to pour thousands in a system because you want it to work as good as what the future holds, this is highly unlikely.

save some doe, if price is no concern, just get a bada$$ i7 rig for $1500-2500 and upgrade next year, and the year after that, and the year after that.

you will save youself alot of money this way, because everytime you upgrade, you get to sell everthing you no longer need.

this is the best way to keep up with technology

not going out trying to build the most rediculous build ever.

the current i7 rigs even the 920 will handle everything you want it to do and more.

but that projecter idea does sound like a winner if you can find one @ the right resolution and good specs to back it up.

nothing you buy now will put you ahead of the curve 2-3 years

any newer quad core will multi task very well right now.

no need to pour thousands in a system because you want it to work as good as what the future holds, this is highly unlikely.

save some doe, if price is no concern, just get a bada$$ i7 rig for $1500-2500 and upgrade next year, and the year after that, and the year after that.

you will save youself alot of money this way, because everytime you upgrade, you get to sell everthing you no longer need.

this is the best way to keep up with technology

not going out trying to build the most rediculous build ever.

the current i7 rigs even the 920 will handle everything you want it to do and more.

but that projecter idea does sound like a winner if you can find one @ the right resolution and good specs to back it up.

Agreed. My DP opty 270 machine probably isn't 2 yet but has the same folding perfomance (unscientific I know) as my e5200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom