I wanna upgrade

Yohei

Beta member
Hello I recently bought a pc with the following specs:
CPU: AMD FX 6300 HexaCore 6 x 3.5 GHz - 4 GHz Turbo
Mainboard: Biostar A960Dplus AM3+
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Graphics card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 2048 MB DDR5 (VGA, DVI, HDMI )
Only one CPU cooler

now I want to upgrade ...
what would you recommend to upgade first ?

Thanks in advance.

, but you need to be a bit more specific.
OK. recently i got some sort of cooling issues and thought about switching my cpu,
because one of my friends suggested that it is the cpu that overheats.
Also I thought of buying a new graphics card.
Is this specific enough ?
Again Thanks in advance.

Well let's pick it apart with specifics. Firstly, what is the purpose of the machine and what kind of budget are you working with? Is it a gaming build or productivity machine?

What kind of case/PSU do you have? Are you running stock cooling on the CPU or aftermarket?

Finally, you say you had cooling issues. What deduced this assumption? Did you check monitoring software on the CPU with a full load? What is the machine doing to make you think it's a cooling issue?

You said thought about switching CPU and GPU, kind of goes along with what I was saying in my initial reply. If you're any kind of serious about gaming the CPU is a bit weak but the GPU is the weakest link. If you're not a gamer the GPU is fine.

So step by step.
It is indeed a gaming pc, on which I play games ranging from Terraria(2D) to Battlefield 4.
My case is a Sharkoon Vaya II Gaming Midi Tower (hight :40cm; depht :17 cm;thickness : 43cm). I use stock cooling.
I checked the cpu's temperature on full load and it was ~80 degrees C.
I think it is a cooling problem, because if its summer my pc starts lagging and crashing.
Again Thank you for this information.

Back
Top Bottom