I think it's time for me to upgrade - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 06-18-2007, 12:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default I think it's time for me to upgrade

To start off, I've been using a Dell Dimension 3000 for the past two years. I haven't upgraded it that much, other than putting in two 512 MB sticks of RAM and a 250GB hard drive, along with a GeForce FX5500. As some may know, Dells aren't the easiest things to upgrade.

But lately, I've been growing weary of it. It's been lagging like crazy and takes forever to load up. So I think it's time for me to upgrade, but I'm on a very tight budget. I can't really spend over 500 dollars. So I was wondering if anyone could maybe give me some ideas on what parts to get.

I'll keep the following parts from my current computer:
DVD Drives
250GB HD

So I just need the big parts, like the CPU, video card, RAM, a case, and a new motherboard. I prefer to shop at newegg.

All help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On