I need to upgrade my GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleasehelp

Beta member
I have an HP Pavilion Slimline s3407c with a NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE graphics card. I need to upgrade it so I can play and edit 1080p HD content. So please tell me what are some good upgrade options?

You are lucky my friend that model according to:
HP Pavilion Slimline s3407c Desktop, Athlon 4800+ 2.5 GHz, 2 GB DDR, 500 GB 7200 RPM, GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, 16X DVD(+/-)R/RW 12X RAM (+/-)R DL LightScribe SATA drive, Memory Card, Reader, Keyboard & Mouse, Vista Home Premium, Factory Refurbished

Has one PCI-Xpress slot.

So whats your budget. If your not on a big budget I recommend an; ATI-4850 like this one.
Newegg.com - VisionTek 900241 Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

IF you want a bit more power I would recommend this- 4870 (it has a great rebate that closes the price gap between it and the other 4850)
Newegg.com - ASUS EAH4870/HTDI/512M/A Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
It's got GDDR5 memory so that cant hurt video editing. If you have more cash I would even spring for one of the 1gb ones. I must warn you though with your cpu these two cards will be somewhat bottlenecked.

Check this article out tho it might interest you:
Cyberlink: CyberLink Uses ATI Card To Transcode Four 1080p Video Files Simultaneously :D

Thank you but I don't think any of those GPU's will fit in my tiny slimline case.
I got this slimline PC as a gift, I'd never buy a computer this small. I'm going to leave it as it is, and just buy a new computer, or fix up my old XP.

what about moving everything to a new case? They are pretty cheap these days if you don't want to spend a lot.

I cant believe I forgot that it wouldnt fit in there. I deserve this:
63709-TruckOfFail.jpg

Thank you but I don't think any of those GPU's will fit in my tiny slimline case.
I got this slimline PC as a gift, I'd never buy a computer this small. I'm going to leave it as it is, and just buy a new computer, or fix up my old XP.

That LP 9600GT is meant to fit into those cases. See how much room you have to work with, depth-wise and then check out the dimensions on that LP 9600GT.

i would think you'd need something with HDMI output which is going to be tough to find on a low profile card. unless you wanna use dvi to hdmi adapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom