I need to upgrade my computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartthecartoon

In Runtime
I have a Walmart giftcard ($25) and about $90 cash that I want to use to upgrade my computer. I need new RAM, but I also cann't even watch DVD's on my computer, which I would like to do. I have nice speakers ($100 at Cambridge soundworks) but I would like to get a sound card and some Surround Sound Speakers. What should I do to upgrade my computer, and what parts should I buy?

I would say go for some good ram then anything afterthat. If you were to get a lightscribe burner you need special cd's just to let you know. Also how much was your emachines just wondering

so what do you use your computer for? is it just watching movies lol. if it is, focus on sound but if it's for gaming... start over lol.

Riceball said:
so what do you use your computer for? is it just watching movies lol. if it is, focus on sound but if it's for gaming... start over lol.

Your telling me to start over?!! You have a 2.2 GHZ processor...for shame...

...Wal-mart hardware is overpriced and usually sucks.. lol
I saw an ATI Radeon 9550 for $130.00 at Wal-mart

went home, went on compusa.com, found the same card for $100.00 on sale :D.. always check Comp usa's sales before buying something.. they can save you hella money

i would suggest 1 stick of 256mb ram= dual channel 512mb ram.
also a nvidia geforce 128/256mb video card, and a 8x dual writing dvd r-rw. and that celeron processor aint to great. but it would do with these upgrades. source the prices and see wat u get.

ps:try windows xp pro, and i live in trinidad so wont know the prices in the US.

i would suggest 1 stick of 256mb ram= dual channel 512mb ram.
also a nvidia geforce 128/256mb video card, and a 8x dual writing dvd r-rw. and that celeron processor aint to great. but it would do with these upgrades. source the prices and see wat u get.

ps:try windows xp pro, and i live in trinidad so wont know the prices in the US. but just trying to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom