I need serious BIOS upgrade help/advice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kartoonstew

Beta member
So you guys will have to excuse my ignorance as far as computer-tech knowledge goes. I'm rather new to actually knowing what happens in my computer and I really want to upgrade my BIOS. My system is not so advance, I have a hand me down PC from my brother with a Athlon 1600, ATI Radeon 9550 (OC'ed out) bla bla bla. I have a pheonix technologies BIOS. Apparently the company has since merged and offers no support for BIOS upgrades. "They don't support them" Basically I want to OC my processor and ram a bit, or as far as ArcticSilver will let me to allow me to game for as long as I can. I beat F.E.A.R. on this computer with decent framerates. YES YES YES I know this computer sucks but I am trying to make it the best it can be!

I don't know how to Flash my BIOS or what sites to look for or even what type of driver . . flash file whatever to choose. I have been doing a lot of reading and most people tailor their instructions to those who have some idea of what they are doing.

My mainboard has a VIA kt 266a/233a Chipset . . . ehh. I'm not sure what else needs to be posted. If anyone can help me please do!!!

Thanks much

Save your time energy and money and just go buy another pc with that old of a main board it will be nearly impossible to find a bios update for it if you want to make that computer of use make it into a dedicated game server or web server dont waste your time trying to make it into something that its just not

yeah your best bet for an update would be to find somebody who's got the latest update on their computer and is good enough w/ computers to know how to send it to you...which will be pretty much nobody

sorry man

hey
well u could always find the name of the update u want
then download it from mirror/p2p ect
save it to floppy
flash BIOS from the inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom