I need a "new" motherboard - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2008, 06:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default I need a "new" motherboard

My old K7S5A is behaving oddly, and it has been for a while. Knowing the reliability of ECS boards, I'll probably need a new one. Since I don't want to buy new hardware, It'll have to support PATA, AGP, have a 266FSB at least, and support PC3200 RAM. What do you experts suggest that's relatively cheap?

Note: I live in Canada, and NewEgg doesn't deliver here. Canadacomputers.com is one of the major computer retailers, so if possible give links from them.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie
Default Re: I need a "new" motherboard

memoryexpress is another Canadien vendor to browse as well. TigerDirect.CA can be added to the list as well.

A good old Socket A board with a 400mhz fsb will work. The trip to EBay would likely see one of those at this late date however. Newegg and others now seem to carry only a few Socket 754 models if any.

Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, Abit, DFI are the usual brand names if you can locate an older model. Asrock and Foxconn are the low enders for the most part along with ECS.

Forget memoryexpress entirely! TigerDirect.CA had one other loser PCChips for the only model seen at Canada Socket A Motherboard, AMD Athlon Socket A Motherboards at TigerDirect.ca

For a look over of more ECS as well as Asrock and possibly other Socket A boards the search ended at EBay.CA. eBay Canada New and used socket a 462, Desktop Laptop Components, Servers on eBay.ca
Closed Thread