My mobo is failing. . . sparks, smoke and port by port unuseable. I need a new mobo fast. Unfortunately, I have no idea what mobo to get. This is what I presently have:
Biostar TFORCE 6100-939 mobo which supports dual channel DDR
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 SATA 3.0Gb/s 320Gb hard drive (RAID array not set up and never will be)
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Toledo 2.2GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor
- ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler
- Corsair 620W PSU
- Ballistix 2x1G RAM, 184-pin DIMM, 128MX64 DDR PC3200, Unbuffered
- NORCO-4618 PCI-X / PCI eSATA / SATA II / SATA I Controller Card RAID 0/1/5/10/JBOD
- Windows XP X64, SP2
- NetFramework 2.0 Redistributable Pack for X64
I don't do gaming, so that's not a consideration, and I won't be overclocking either. I do a lot of video work on my pc . . . watching them, editing, cutting, splitting, joining, etc.
What I want are a lot of external ports for SATA, firewire and USB 2.0, as many of each as possible, or a slot where I can plug in an adapter card.
I have 17 external hdds now. Some are SATA, some SATA II, some firewire, and some USB 2.0. I have them all connected to this pc using on-board ports and HUBS and I'll want to do the same with the new mobo but without the smoke and sparks.
. . My present mobo has a built-in graphics card but if I have to buy one, please let me know which is best for watching videos and doing video work.
I would limit the price to about $150.00 but I have to hurry fast because it looks like socket 939's are disappearing.
I wouldn't ask you to do so much thinking and looking for me except that when I think that what I've found is perfect, it's usually the wrong thing.
I just want a mobo with lots of ports and good for video, and it has to be able to use all the other parts I have (cpu, RAM, etc).
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.