I need Help please....:(( - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 09:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to neo214

Dude, I'm having the exact problem in my thread, it's something to do with ACPI settings, and as far as I can tell I'm going to have to either upgrade my BIOS (which I can't find on the internet anywhere) or buy a new motherboad, it's not windows complaining about new hardware it does the same thing with linux it's just called a kernal panic. But this ACPI **** is starting to **** me off. I thought it was just my ****ty $50 chaintech snf4-2... Guess it's more widespread.

Old 08-05-2006, 11:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to neo214

****, I don't think anyone has any information on this, I contacted the mohterboard maker (chaintech) via Email, they'll probably never get back to me. and as for flashing the bios, good luck with finding the right one, I don't know if you can flash a phenox award bios with just anything, and besides they always want you to "buy it again"...

Old 08-05-2006, 05:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master Techie

i'm sure you can get the latest bios from the manufacturer's website..

for asus, just go to their manufact. website select category (motherboard), socket, then your motherboard from the list..

it'll show you the latest bios updates.. and also some bios utilities.. not sure what those are for...
Old 08-06-2006, 04:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
Super Techie

I bought a chainneck (thats a typo in the information on the back of the box, wish I would hav noticed this befor i boutght it ) sound card a while back. the disk that came with it didnt have the right drivers on it. (for a diff modle apparently) The card was total junk. I ended up giving it away. I searched for drivers on there web site but considering there was almost no site, I found nothing. My advice get a decent mobo, THis is **** a company

Closed Thread