I need help with a graphics card - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2014, 06:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default I need help with a graphics card

Hi, I really need a new graphics card becuase I want to run games at ultra settings and still have good fps.

HP Support document - HP Support Center

That is the link to my computer I have now. I have no idea what graphics cards would fit in my computer or would be compatitible with If you can link me to some good graphics cards that would be cool.

Jake_box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru

Default Re: I need help with a graphics card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_box View Post
Hi, I really need a new graphics card becuase I want to run games at ultra settings and still have good fps.

HP Support document - HP Support Center

That is the link to my computer I have now. I have no idea what graphics cards would fit in my computer or would be compatitible with If you can link me to some good graphics cards that would be cool.
Going to be extremely costly because you'll need a beast of a GPU to deal with the fact that the CPU in your machine is quite weak.

You will also need a new PSU.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
The Residential Loon

Looking at the sub $50 range bearing in mind, PP has hit the Nail on the head with a new PSU you could look in too something like:

EVGA 01G-P3-2615-KR GeForce GT 610 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Newegg.com

Looking at the $50 too $100 price range, maybe something like this would help:

EVGA 02G-P4-2742-KR GeForce GT 740 Superclocked 2GB 128-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card - Newegg.com

I honestly think you might be wasting your time to be honest upgrading due too the fact the PC is a HP, I've always found over time that the best systems too upgrade and Maintain are the ones you build your self. Its like having a Dell System, they are a nightmare too play around with..

Have a look at the suggestions I've posted but as PP said you'll need a new PSU.

EDIT: Bearing in mind you might get reduced performance from the PCI Express series 3 Range of GPUs on a Mobo I'm presuming supports 2.0 ..
Spud1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Build Guru

PCI-E on 2.0 16x slots is moot unless running the top of the top cards like dual GPU setups.

He has a mid tower and a standard sized ATX PSU so he could take any card granted the budget permits. The thing here is the fact that his APU is real slow and would greatly bog down something like a 780 or 290x which would give him what he wants.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Residential Loon

Quote:
He has a mid tower and a standard sized ATX PSU so he could take any card granted the budget permits. The thing here is the fact that his APU is real slow and would greatly bog down something like a 780 or 290x which would give him what he wants.
Wow, Sorry PP I missed that. I've just been looking at the benchmark results on various online comparison sites and Value for it is but the CPU has a very poor performance and what I saw was more budget. Mind you if someone offered myself a system like that for free I'd have no hesitation in accepting. The CPU its self ranked bottom on the List I've just been looking at.
Spud1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Build Guru

APUs themselves just aren't very powerful anyways. Even the new ones lack. Just ask Malcom here on the boards.

Access to my Plex PM me.