I need help building a computer. First build, EVER. for WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameron69

Solid State Member
Well, I have never built a computer, ever. I know a little bit about how stuff works but wouldn't classify myself as a genius about it. I want a computer that will run wow 60+ FPS on ultra settings. I am on a budget so nothing crazyly(if that's a word) expensive. crazyly, lul. Open to all suggestions and parts, doesn't have to be the "Lastest and Greatest" thing all I ever do is play wow and that's what I intend on doing in the future as well.

Well seeing as this is a Gaming computer, you want to focus on the graphics card, i would suggest going with a high end (Not the greatest) ATI card to compliment a core i5 or core i7 processor & Mobo. the rest is really based around that and your personal preferences (Like size of HD).

<ramble>: Be sure you get a big enough power supply, that requires math;). Make sure you get Gigabit (10/100/1000) network card/mobo as anything less is just outdated for a new computer. CD/DVD +- drive (speed not necessarily important). If you know how to over-clock, and plan to, then get Liquid Cooling, if not just make sure you get a heat sink with cooling fan if it doesn't come with Mobo/processor (one of those things i forgot to order and got stuck waiting for).</ramble>

I can estimate all this to be around 550 - 700 (Just a shot in the dark), but that depends on where you buy, do you have a place in mind? Definitely look at different places, i used tiger direct at one point, mixed feelings about that place.

Anyway hope this helped

What about AMD Black Edition - AMD Phenom II X6 3.2 GHz Processor instead of the Intel? yay or nay?

I am partial to Intel but AMD is cool to, there really isn't that much to say about CPU when it comes to gaming, it is all really in the GPU, but when it comes to non Gaming stuff like Word, Excel, and more demanding things like Web Development (My hobby), Intel turboboost and Hypertheading is nice

Your two threads have been merged together as we don't need two threads on the same subject from the same person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom