I need help about upgrades

buckley183

Beta member
I have a computer right now that I want to upgrade the GPU and the Power supply. I am not sure if I have a motherboard for the upgrades though. I looked at GPU and I'm pretty sure I can use it but I need a Power Supply and idk how to tell if I can use it. Heres my PC now and GPU and power supply I want.

PC: Inspiron 530s Desktop Details | Dell

Power Supply: Athena Power AP-MPS3ATX40 400W Micro PS3 / ATX12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready DELL, HP Upgrades/Replacement Power Supply - Newegg.com / or Athena Power AP-MP4ATX40 400W ATX12V / MicroATX / SFX12V v 2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready eMachines, HP Upgrades/Replacement Power Supply - Newegg.com

GPU: ASUS HD6450-SL-2GD3-L Radeon HD 6450 2GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card - Newegg.com

Welcome aboard. :)

Could you download Speccy and post the summary? The link doesn't give much info about your PC. Also what is your intended use? Is it gaming?

Neither PSU will fit in your case. The PSU that is in it should be fine for the 6450 as it requires no external power. Your CPU shouldn't have any problems handling the 6450 as it is a real weak card to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom