I need a barebones PC with a low price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningSkyline

In Runtime
I've got a faily low budget of $400 and need a PC that is pretty much for browsing the web and watching videos. I do need something that can play my older games, though.

I do have some preferences, but I am open to anything as long as it has up to date hardware. I would prefer an Nvidia Graphics card, if you can manage to stuff one into the budget. This is only because I use vReveal a lot. As for a power supply, I have had good experiences with Antec, Corsair, OCZ, PCP&C, and Seasonic.

Basically I am asking for suggestions, but feel free to post entire parts lists.

EDIT: I already own a Copy of Windows 7, so leave that out.

I will not be buying the components for a while so combo deals will not be usable. Anyways, I do not have an optical drive laying around so there is another $15 or $20 added to the price tag.

Anyways In the spring I can always head over to the town "dump"... People tend to drop off stuff there illegally and Quite a few PC's tend to be there. I bet I could find an optical drive. Last year I found a P4 System that was completely functional, except for a hard drive. It did have a banged up case but I refurbished it and sold it on ebay for like $60.

I apologize for the rambling, I am rather bored.

Combos are the way to go if you want to keep your costs down. Since you won't be building until then you will be better off waiting until you are almost ready to build and then ask around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom