i have ~200 what should i upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzardxexe

In Runtime
i have about 200, i realize that the best thing to do would be to save up, but oh well

i have:
2gb ddr2 800 ram (kingston)
2.7 kuma
500gb hdd
xp media center (not... you know)
9800gt (bought like a month ago dont tell me to upgrade)

and thats basically everything important. i was thinking of getting a cpu cooler because the stock one is rubbish, and getting a good powersupply because the one i have now came with my sigma case, although it seems to be functioning fine.

any suggestions? or should i wait? ill have another 200 in a month

I suggest you wait until you have 400, then get a new mobo+processor; you already have hard drives, RAM, GPU, etc. so that will net you a pretty good bundle depending on how much of it you spend. Something like an E8400 or Q9550, and an SLI-capable motherboard.
You might want to invest in a new PSU too (as you mentioned), since PSU+case bundles tend to come with aweful PSUs, both to handle future upgrades and to reduce the risk of it dying and taking other parts with it.

Go ahead and grab another 2GB of RAM while it is dirt cheap. Sure, you won't be able to acess .5GB, but you can use the other 1.5GB just fine.

After the cooler and PSU, sock the rest back and save for the next go-around. ;)

thanks trotter yeah i think ill do that. (have a cookie)

@yamikotai
i know intel is better, ok, but amd is good enough for me and my mobo is fine.

I say if your current system is fine now theres no point in upgrading. If it does everything you want it to do then why change anything. I would recommend Trotters suggestion of additional ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom