I brought an Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginkotsu

Baseband Member
Y Alo I'm new and dunno if I can post this here, but...

My story is I brought an Intel board that I carefully picked out based on reviews, performance, support and onboard connectors.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=242605

Issue is I'm being pulled into the gaming business and I originally brought Intel because it was better for encoding/multi-tasking. (as what everyone says) But AMD is better for gaming! I wasn't buying my system for gaming, but instead working. But a part of me wants to start gaming just for the heck of it! But I can't return the board so my question is how can I build this Intel system so that it'll have what I originally wanted plus gaming?

That processor and RAM is fine. How much are you willing to spend? From the looks of it, its going to be a mid-range system, and if you're gaming, you're going to need a videocard. I recommend the 6600GT (~$150). 1GB of RAM is fine as long as you're not an extreme gamer. Games like BF2 and F.E.A.R. need 2GB of RAM though.

Anything else you might need help/advice with, feel free to ask.

My new intel is fine for gameing not to extreme since the video card but it does the job for now and its a intel p4 630 3.0ghz and 1 gb oc dual channel and its nice i wouldn't recommend t for an extreme gamer or anything but for mild gameing it does the job.

schulz269 said:
My new intel is fine for gameing not to extreme since the video card but it does the job for now and its a intel p4 630 3.0ghz and 1 gb oc dual channel and its nice i wouldn't recommend t for an extreme gamer or anything but for mild gameing it does the job.

I have the same CPU and 1gb of ram but my ram is just the corsair value select ram. PC does a fine job of running the games I play on it. Never tried anything too intense such as Doom or Far Cry but i'm sure it would run them well enough to play. I'd recommend the p4 630 as its not extremely expensive and a well rounded CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom