Hyper 212 EVO fit in my case?

steve10765

Daemon Poster
I have the stock cooler for my AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE, I am looking to get the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. My case is a Rosewill Challenger U3 and my motherboard is the MSI 890GXM-G65. I Have around 1/4th of an inch of free space before it wont fit, or will be a really close fit.
Will this cooler fit? If you don;t know can you try to find out the size of the AMD stock cooler? I have looked for its dimensions but cant find it. I know the dimensions of the EVO is 4.7 x 3.1 x 6.3 in so I would like to compare.

Thank you.

I ment to do this (fix ps3 YLOD) but I lost the screws to hold up the mobo, I bought the paste for that., good thing I can buy new screws for only 4 bucks...

I used to keep a ton of extra parts to fix 360s. I stopped doing it because people didn't realize what "not guaranteed to work" meant.

I figured it was worth a try, for 20 bucks it could work, I could also use the thermal paste, for something else(CPU)

I just installed this last night, it barely fits. Its so close that if I lightly push the side cover in it hits the heatsink. I am afraid that this will un-ground my mobo and components so if I was to accidentally hit the side of my comp with my leg, and it touched the heatsink it would screw up the system. Do you think I should put some plastic tape where the heatpipes can touch my case? so just incase it touched my case nothing would happen.

the space from the case is about 1/4th of the width of a key on your keyboard.

I am still happy happy with this cooler, my temps are 48-49 full load(62 before)
i also installed a 125cfm scthe kaze fan in the front

Nothing will happen if you leave it like that. The motherboard is grounded by the screws you put in it. The heatsink is also not touching anything with voltage, neither is your side panel.

Back
Top Bottom