HT Inconsistencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoWarrior

In Runtime
I am buying some new hardware. After reviewing the new tech on the market and making sure my hardware was compatible ( to avoid bottlenecking), I was ready to purchase until I noticed the Mobo was rated at 2600MHz Hyper Transport (5200 MT/s) and the CPU with HT speed at 3600MHz. So I tried looking for a new mobo and saw no mobo that had HT rated at 3600MHZ, the highest being 2600Mhz on Mobos. Why does it seem like there is no mobo and CPU that match on this? Are these components compatible (to avoid bottlenecking)?

Potential CPU
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom 9600 Agena 2.3GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Potiential Mobo
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TF720 A2+ AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 720a ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Its (3600 MT/s) and 1800mhz. So a board that supports (5200 MT/s) can handle up to a chip with the hyper transport speeds of 2600mhz.

I see. The CPU listed at 3600MHz is really not clocked that fast, but with MTs considered, the CPU is considered as if it was clocked at 3600MHz. So the mobo in this case that is rated at 5200MT'/s can definately support this processor and processors with even greater HT speeds. Am I correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom