HSF not spinning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazydog115

Baseband Member
FIGURED OUT THE COMPLETE AND FINAL SOLUTION! :D
Anyone with a GA-P35-DS3L that's having trouble with their CPU fan, here's what to do:
Go into BIOS, PC Health Status, and set "CPU Smart FAN Control" to Disabled. As soon as I saved the changes, the fan started spinning....did it think it was smart to not have the fan spinning? :p

PS: Wow..that fan warning sound is REALLY annoying...I guess it works :p

Bah. I guess you can disregard this..after about 30 seconds the fan started up. I'll just enable my BIOS to alert me if it stops.... -_-

This happened before, but I just RMA'd my PSU and it's happening with the new PSU

My MoBo (GA-P35-DS3L) has two 4 pin fan ports labeled CPU_FAN and SYS_FAN2

When I first built this computer, the CPU_FAN port would cause the CPU fan to spin for about half a second when i first powered on the computer, and do the same when I power it off.

Now both ports are doing this.

Is there any easy way to check where the problem is coming from, and if it is easily fixable?

Could it be because I am just powering the system with nothing attached to it (Just the power cord)?

Edit: Here's EXACTLY how it's acting now:
Power on: half spin
Few seconds after power on: nothing
Power off: Starts to spin fully, then stops due to no power.

It used to do a half spin, then start spinning normally.

Edit: Just noticed I posted this in the wrong forum. oops!

Glad to see you got it "fixed" but did you check the temps of your CPU? I dont have the same board but I believe you can set it to kick the fan on when It reaches a certain temp so maybe your CPU wasnt warm enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom