Hp slimline s3707c case upgrade ****ible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drogos

Daemon Poster
Here is the thing i trade my brother my laptop for this pc cuz he needed the mobility and i dint.
HP Pavilion Slimline s3707c Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion Slimline s3707c Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

i want to change the case because this thing runs pretty hot. I have a tiny desk fan on the side, it help a lot but looks kinda ghetto. now im not sure what kind of mother board it is i been looking but cant see it. i need your help tell me if this can be done if so what type of case i need.

this case seems like a great deal free shipping and good cooling but don't know if it ll work.

Newegg.com - Rosewill DESTROYER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ,comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 120mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan,1x Top 120mm Fan,1x Bottom Fan

this case looks like it ill work it definitely has better cooling than what i have now but not sure if ill work hate to waste the money better be safe than sorry.

Newegg.com - Broadway Com Corp 1243MA-BLACK Glossy black Steel ATX Mini Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply

I'm open to suggestion. I was looking for something with a PSU in it already don't want to spend to much on this if i can keep it under $50 ill be great i wont be gaming on this.

thanks in advance

The motherboard for that computer seems to be a Mini-ITX style, not very common, and I don't think you can mount it at all in a regular ATX case with out serious modifications of the case.

Here is a list of all the MINI-ITX cases at newegg, note, they are all still rather small.
Newegg.com - Computer Hardware,Computer Cases,Computer Cases,Mini-ITX Tower

I personally prefer Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-Q11B Black Aluminum Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case

Mostly because the PSU is as far as possible from the CPU, and it has a large front intake fan, and appears to have great cooling abilities for such a small case. But, it isn't cheap, can you tell us the specs of your current PSU that the HP is using?

danm they all pricy i hate to spen over 100 bucks for a case on a comp that wont be gaming lol
thanks for that list i really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.
what if i change the motherboard to a bigger one and reuse everything including the cpu what mother boards would i need.
i want to know if is worth doing and again nothing to pricy,

If you wanna spend some time, look at the regular ATX cases at newegg, just make sure when your looking at them, that you click specifications, and make sure it lists Mini-ITX as a form factor that it can support, I saw one, but, it was a bit expensive.

You will be better off just changing the case over buying a new motherboard, as a new motherboard, would require atleast a repair of your OS install, and a new case.

EDIT: Well, I decided to go ahead and look around.

This case is listed as supporting MINI-ITX, but doesn't come with a PSU, when getting a case, don't worry about it having one, or not, as they are usually of horrible quality, you should purchase one separate that has a good reputation.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129069

ohh that's nice i like it plenty of room and options for cooling very nice.
i have a PSU a friend let me have after i upgraded his for gaming. Bad thing it only has sata plugs so if i want to add more fans im screwed .
I can tear a pc apart and put back together like nothing but have very little knowledge wen it comes to parts.
thanks a lot for the help bud

i think i found a cheap solution for the fans
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...tor_SATA_Power_Adapter-_-12-119-262-_-Product

i have a regular size PSU that im gonna use for now is why i dint buy one now don't want to spend that much right now u know how it goes i got bills to pay lol
and i already put the order in.

thanks u all for the help ill report wen i revise the stuff get it together let u know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom