HP DC7700 Graphics Card Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameshezzy

Beta member
Ok so I recently bought myself an HP DC7700 Small Form Factor pc.It has a pentium d 2.8ghz processor with 1gb ram( Arranged in 4 256 mb sticks)It has a 240 watt psu and the model number of the psu is:API5PC49.my question is what type of graphics card would be suitable for gaming.would it be that if i had to upgrade the psu i would have to house it externally from the main chassis of the computer.The standard graphics card is:Intel Gma 3000 with approx.384 mb memory.The name of the chipset for the intergrated graphics is:intel Q964/Q963 Express Chipset Family.It has 2 standard pci expasion ports,a pci-e x1 and a pci-e x16.If anyone can recommend a decent graphics card that is compatible with this pc I would really appreciate it,I don't Want to have bought a computer that cannot play games at a decent frame rate and quality.thanks.

I've looked around a bit and that PSU seems to have just 240W. I guess that's standard enough for a pre-built computer from a well known manufacturer, although it does limit you a lot.

Yes, you'll need to have a new PSU before you can get a decent graphics card.

What's your budget?

okay so with the current settings you could actually get away with the GeForce G210 Low Profile conversion card. It comes with the low profile adapters and everything. I just actually put one into my dc7700 along with a RAM upgrade (just for gaming reasons) XD. The only problem that you will run into is the same as anyone who has put a graphics card into their dc7700, no audio with CRT.... x.x Don't panic yet...all is well! I searched for answers on how to get it to work with the onboard media card but couldn't find anything.... so I've actually created a thread that has the answer to it,

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/no-sound-hp-dc7700-246492/

hope its not too late for you!!!

I am certified Tech a+ and HP desktop and laptop.
if you have a HP desktop or laptop and need power or any other part try looking it up here HP PartSurfer
Asus ATI Radeon HD6450 and the Asus nVidia GeForce GT430 will worh fine in that desktop

Amazon.com: Asus ATI Radeon HD6450 Silence 1 GB DDR3 VGA/DVI/HDMI Low Profile PCI-Express Video Card - EAH6450 SILENT/DI/1GD3(LP): Electronics
Asus nVidia GeForce GT430 1GB DDR3 VGA/DVI/HDMI Low Profile PCI-Express Video Card|4AllMemory.com
link to pages that sell the card. if you want some thing biger you will need a new power supply as well go to partsurfer to look for one.:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom